I’m a little embarrassed to share how I made this; it was that easy. I brought it to a friend’s house for a small gathering; it made a pretty presentation and was a hit. Another friend asked me to write down exactly how I made it. So, here it is!
Pretty and Perfect for your no. 6 Vintage Cast Iron Skillet!
- Head off to the grocery store and find yourself a round aluminum tin holding frozen yeast rolls. This dandy package just happened to fit perfectly into my number 6 Griswold cast iron skillet.
Pop the rolls out of the aluminum tin and put them into the skillet.
2. Melt about 3T butter in a small bowl in the microwave and add a minced garlic clove.
3. Add ~1/2 t. of a bottled dried Italian herb blend.
4. Add about 1/4 cup shredded parmesan to the butter mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture over the rolls and spread it evenly with a pastry brush.
6. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of Maldon salt flakes (sea salt flakes – the salt really makes a big difference, so be sure it’s Maldon flakes) on top.
7. Bake the rolls according to the direction on the frozen roll package.
Voila! Piping hot delicious rolls that taste like you worked hard to make them, and look pretty, to boot. It’s frozen rolls for the win!